If decadence and delicious got married and had a baby, this would be the result. Holy moly! Turtle cake is chocolatey ooey-gooey goodness.
- German chocolate cake mix
- ½ lb butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 bag caramels
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, ½ cup milk, ¾ cup butter. Put half of cake mixture in 9x13" pan. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes. Cool.
- Unwrap caramels and place in a small saucepan. Add ½ cup milk, and ¼ cup butter. Melt together, stirring constantly.
- Pour caramel mixture over cake and sprinkle on chocolate chips and pecans.
- Combine remaining cake mixture with remaining milk and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Let cake set at least 2 hours.