This is an easy, budget-friendly, kid pleasing recipe, from Dad’s mom.
- 12 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 16 oz. canned tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tsp garlic salt
- 12 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- While the noodles are cooking. Brown the ground beef until no longer pink and drain fat.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked spaghetti noodles, eggs, melted butter, and Parmesan cheese. Place in 9x13 pan.
- Spread cottage cheese over noodle mixture.
- To the ground beef add the onion, tomatoes, sugar, garlic salt and tomato paste. Mix to combine and pour over the cottage cheese layer.
- Bake casserole at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.