Shredded Beef Sandwich
Is there such a thing as too many shredded meat recipes? Uhhh… I certainly don’t think so. Here is a winner shared by Aunt Julie.
Shredded Beef (or Pulled Pork) Sandwich
Julie made these for our family reunion at the cabin... you know the one where everyone got super sunburned, and we had that animal experience?
- beef (or pork) roast
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 2/3 part hickory sauce
- 1/3 part Russian dressing
- 1/4-1/3 cup sugar
The night prior
- In a small preparation bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and celery salt.
- Rub the roast with Worcestershire sauce, then rub on the seasonings.
- Place in slow cooker and turn on low overnight, or at least 12-14 hours.
30-60 minutes prior to eating
- Combine the hickory sauce and the Russian dressing in the ratios listed above. Add the sugar.
- Shred the meat in the slow cooker. Add the sauce mixture and mix thoroughly. Heat through.
- Serve the shredded meat on sandwich rolls.