AKA “Pasta with Cream Sauce”
This is a favorite from our friend Sal. It is super easy, and super delicious.
Penne with Cream Sauce
Otherwise known as Sal's Pasta.
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1/2 cup vodka (optional)
- 1 lb. penne (or other pasta)*
- 6 scallions (green onions)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 lb. prosciutto**
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- grated parmesan cheese
- Chop scallions and prosciutto very fine.
- Boil pasta according to directions.
- Melt butter in a heavy sauté pan. Sauté scallions and prosciutto until crisp.
- Add vodka (if using) and crushed tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and stir gently. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and serve with parmesan cheese.
- *I use Farfalle noodles.**You can find prosciutto at the deli counter.