This standard rice pudding recipe brings back so many memories from my youth. I used to love when my mom would make it. I’d eat it for breakfast, and snacks.
- 2½ cups rice, cooked (brown or white)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- Cook the rice according to the directions.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine cooked rice with evaporated milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, eggs and raisins.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours, stirring regularly the first 30 minutes and then occassionally.
- Serve with light cream or half and half. Keep refrigerated.
Recipe may easily be doubled in a large slow cooker.