Dad made this recipe for me on Mother’s Day. Drool! Adapted from a Giada de Laurentiis recipe, this non-alcoholic version will still knock your socks off!
Adapted from Giada's recipe for a non-alchoholic option.
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 6 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 lb. mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 28 soft ladyfinger cookies or 2 (12-oz) pound cakes, cut into 3x1" pieces
- 3 ½ pint baskets fresh raspberries
- powdered sugar for sprinkling
- In a small bowl, combine the raspberry jam and 4 tbsp of the orange juice concentrate.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone and remaining 2 tbsp of orange juice concentrate.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat the cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream mixture into the mascarpone mixture.
- In a 9x13 glass baking dish, layer half of the ladyfingers to line the bottom. Spread ½ of the jam mixture over the ladyfingers, then spread ½ of the mascarpone mixture. Cover with ½ of the fresh raspberries. Repeat the layers.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar when ready to serve.