This easy-to-prepare dish is a crowd-pleaser.
I was 17 when my older sister got married. Her new mother-in-law made this dish for our family when we first met. It made an impression on my young mind and I have made it many, many times since.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- bread or cracker crumbs
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Swiss, Monterey Jack or Mozzarella)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the beaten eggs and milk. Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture and roll in bread or cracker crumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown each chicken breast in a little oil or butter and place it in a 9x13 pan.
- Cover chicken with shredded cheese. Pour the jar of spaghetti sauce over it and sprinkle with basil and parsley.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.