This is way more delicious than just slapping a stick of butter on your hips, which is where this recipe will probably end up… but so worth it!
- 1¼ cups butter, room temperature
- 2¾ cups sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat on low for 1 minute, then on medium/high for 5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- To the large bowl, add the flour mixture alternately with the milk until blended. Don't overmix.
- Lightly grease a bundt cake pan. Pour cake mix into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 20-30 minutes, then turn over onto plate. Turn over again onto cake plate or serving dish. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.