Traditional Hawaiian Kalua Pork, and simply the best pulled pork out there! This is always the first request from my youngest when asked what he’d like on the menu. Served with homemade coleslaw and some quality BBQ sauce, this meal is drool-worthy.
- pork roast
- Hawaiian Sea Salt
- liquid smoke
- hamburger buns
- BBQ sauce
The night before
- Put roast in slow cooker. Turn on low.
- Pour liquid smoke over roast (more or less to taste). Sprinkle Hawaiian seasoning over roast just until coated.
- Cook overnight and all day long.
- When ready to eat, turn off slow cooker, shred pork roast into a large bowl, removing most of the fat in the process. Can add a little liquid to shredded pork to maintain moisture.
- Serve on hamburger buns with barbecue sauce.
- Serving suggestion: Try it with homemade coleslaw on the sandwich... So Ono!