Ham & Swiss Sandwiches
Ham and Swiss go together like bacon and eggs, or peanut butter and jelly, but add poppy seeds and a mustard sauce and it becomes a magical pairing… like Dad and I.
Ham and Swiss Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 12 slices ham, thin sliced
- 12 slices Swiss cheese, thin sliced
- 6 Kaiser rolls, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, butter, onion and poppy seeds. Spread mixture on inside of top and bottom of sliced rolls.
- Place 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of Swiss cheese on bottom half. Place tops on sandwiches.
- Wrap each sandwich individually in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Notes: These can be frozen or refrigerated for later consumption. Thaw before baking.