This lasagna recipe has been served in my family since I was very young. It’s easy and yummy. The best part is that you don’t have to cook the noodles ahead of time. Oh! And it makes fantastic leftovers.
- 1-2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, meat flavored
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz. cottage cheese, reserve 1/2 cup
- 2 eggs
- 9-12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- In a large deep frying pan, brown the ground beef. Drain the fat.
- Mix in the salt, water, and spaghetti sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, parsley, pepper, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese and eggs.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, layer one cup of the sauce mixture, then 3-4 uncooked lasagna noodles. Put on more sauce, then 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat the layers. End with lasagna noodles and sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Uncover pan and back for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.