Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta
This Instant Pot recipe from Cook With Manali is divine! It’s like a delectable caprese salad but with pasta… what more could you want?
Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta
This delicous Intant Pot recipe is super satisfying, and oh so tasty!
- Instant Pot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, large
- 1 small onion
- 1½ tso Italian seasoning
- 1½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 cup water an 8qt. Instant Pot may require 1½ cups water
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (or fire roasted)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp pine nuts
- On your Instant Pot, press the saute button, and adjust to "less".
- Once it deplays hot, add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and onion and saute for 4-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, sugar and stir.
- Add 1 cup water. Make sure there's nothing at the bottom. (Scrap with wooden spoon to get all the bits off from sauteing)
- Add pasta, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Do not stir, especially if your IP has the tendancy to give the BURN message.
- Close and seal the IP. Cook on HIGH pressure for 4 minutes. (For softer pasta – 6 minutes). Quick release the pressure.
- Open the pot and stir everything together. Press the saute button again and adjust to "less.
- Add in the heavy cream and stir.
- Add the cream cheese and stir. Keep stirring until the cream cheese melts. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Turn off IP.
- Add the basil and pine nuts and stir.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 401mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 17.9IU | Vitamin C: 15.4mg | Calcium: 9.8mg | Iron: 13.2mg