I don’t remember when birthday steak became a thing, but it’s been many years. Everyone looks forward to their birthday steaks, although we do shake up the sides pretty often.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Soy sauce
- Grill Mates Montreal Grill Seasoning
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- sliced onions (optional)
- Place the steaks in a dish for marinade. Stab/poke the steak all over.
- Generously pour the Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce all over the steak. Sprinkle with the seasoning. Cover and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat the grill.
- When the grill is hot, add the steaks to the grill. Cook 4-5 minutes or until golden brown and slightly charred on first side. Turn the steaks over and use the following chart for to reach desired doneness.For 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 inch steaks:medium–rare: 3-5 minutes (135 degrees)medium: 5–7 minutes (140 degrees)medium–well: 8–10 minutes (150 degrees)
- While the steaks are on the grill, sauté the onions and mushrooms in butter until the onions are caramelized. Serve on top of steaks.